Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Foden Track hike, Sherbrooke Forest



On June 19 2010 I went out to the Sherbrooke Forest, Dandenong Ranges National Park, 35 km east of Melbourne town.

My 3 km hike started and finished at the small car park off Grantulla Rd, in the Kallista district, at the junction of Foden Track. I followed this track to its end through beautiful ferns and tall timber, reaching Neumann's Track.

From there, I continued past Brendon's Corner forest, then into Wallaby Paddock, my turnaround point.

This is a lyrbebird habitat, and one was seen scratching in the bushland.

Wallaby Paddock was formerly a potato farm many years ago, dating to the 1940s, prior to its acquisition by Parks Victoria. Furrows still exist in the paddock!

See all of the Photos of my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment