Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The old gold diggings at Fiddler's Gully, Warrandyte State Park



On Friday afternoon July 16, 2010, I went over to the Warrandyte State Park, 20 km east of Melbourne central.

I explored the historical gold mining precinct of Fiddler's Gully.

I started at the gste at the junction of Webb St and Fiddler's Gully Track, then down the track, scrub bashed in the bushland, then along Dead End Track. My return was along Webb St, a total distance of about 2 km.

No gold, but plenty of exposed quartz rocks and beautiful colored winter fungi!

Fiddler's Gully extends from the ridge line down to the Anderson Creek. At one time there was a creek, known as Fiddler's Creek, but this no longer flows.

See all of the Photos of my visit.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I discovered your blog when I was looking for the informations about Victoria Parks. I am really impressed by your blog !
    I will spend 2 weeks in Melbourne in August and I would like to visit the Parks not far away from Melbourne. I'm wondering to visit Sherbrooke Forest, Hamer Arboretum Olinda, Warrandyte State park... Is it easy to get to these parks without a car?
    Maybe you could advice me other parks that are good to visit in the winter?

    Thank you very much,
    Iwona

    ReplyDelete