Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Lyrebirds in Sherbrooke Forest




On Tuesday afternoon August 4, 2009, I visited the Sherbrooke Forest, Dandenong Ranges National Park, about 30 km east of the Melbourne CBD.

I parked at Grant's Picnic Ground, on the Belgrave-Kalista Rd, the followed the Hardy Gully Track to Neumann Track. Passing Hardy's Creek, I continued along Neumann Track, with a steep climb to the large cleared area at the top, adjacent to Wallaby Flat. This land was formerly a potato farm in the 1940s, prior to its acquisition for incorporation into the National Park.

I was delighted to see a beautiful lyrebird just off the track!

From there I returned to the car, via the Lyrebird Track, through the magnificent forest and ferns.

I passed other hikers, who were also looking for lyrebirds!

My trip was about 4 km.

Back at Grant's Picnic Ground, the usual assemblage of cockatoos, galahs and parrots has gathered, waiting for seeds!

Please see the full set of Photos of my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment