- Bob Padula
- Mont Albert (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia
- I am a Chartered Professional Engineer, providing specialized consultancy services in International Broadcasting Engineering. I am a graduate of Royal Melbourne Instiutute of Technology.and hold the rank of Member, Institution of Engineers Australia . I am a recipient of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for Services to Shortwave Radio..
Monday, September 26, 2016
Labels: westerfolds park
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Pix of September 24, 2016, along the Heritage Trail, passing the Dog Park. Nice views of the Yarra at Sill's Bend and nearby. About 2 km hike. There are several brick cairns which display photos of the history of the area, with descriptions.
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Pix taken on Sept 23, 2016, on a 3 km exploration of this rarely visited park. Access is from Brady Rd, adjacent to the soccer fields, adjacent to the Dandenong Creek, A rough unsigned track wnds its way to the high point, a change in altitude of 38 metres. Good views across the park.
The park is of significant historical and archeological interest:
- 1837 to 1839 Native Police Headquarters
- 1840 to 1843 Westernport Protection Station
- 1883 to 1930 Victoria Police Stud Depot