Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Olinda Forest Hike in early summer




On Thursday November 12, 2009, I went over to the Olinda Forest, Dandenong Ranges National Park, 35 km east of downtown Melbourne.

My 3 km hike started at the gate on Management Road 13, at the junction with Olinda Creek Rd. This took me down to the old rustic bridga over the Olinda Creek.

Then, I proceeded along the unsigned and rarely-used circuit Track which follows the Olinda Creek Gully, which brought me back to my starting point.

Many beautiful blue and yellow wildflowers were in bloom.

This section of the Forest was subject to fuel reduction burning in 2008, as it is in proximity to the Flower Farm, the only remaining market-garden property in the area, dating back to the 1940s.

See the full set of Photos of my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment