Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Hike in the Olinda Forest





On Sunday afternoon January 18 2009 I went over to the Olinda Forest, Dandenong Ranges National Park, 30 km east of the Melbourne CBD.

I parked at the junction of the Olinda Creek Rd and gated Management Road 13.

From there, I proceeded down Road 13, crossing the old bridge over the Olinda Creek, then ascended the summit.

The change in altitude was from 251m to 323m, steep in parts.

This route follows the perimeter of the Flower Farm, the only remaining commercial property within this section of the National Park.

After exploring the Summit, I returned the same way, getting soaked in unexpected rain! Total distance was about 3 km.

I met two pleasant Forest Creatures near the Bridge, they are in the images!

See the full set of Photos of my visit, which show some of the forest creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment