|1880 - Cobb and Co coach at Warrandyte|
|1956 - Scout Jamboree at Clifford Park|
|1930 - Warrandyte Miners|
|2010 - Warrandyte Festival|
The Project is a collection of over 300 images and maps, tracing the heritage and evolution of the semi-rural former gold-mining town of Warrandyte, 25 km east of central Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, with a time-line extending from 1839 to 2010.
Comprehensive original text articles by myself, and about 100 contemporary images from my personal year-2010 collection, oomplement the Historical Galleries, and describe the many events depicted in them.
The Project will have special relevance to radio monotoring enthusiasts worldwide, as Warrandyte, with its magnificent State Park and the scenic meandering Yarra River, is the location of innumerable field monitoring trips I have undertaken in recent years.
The Project will also have special relevance to anyone who has visited or lived in Warrandyte, or intending to explore the town, with its magnificent State Park and the scenic meandering Yarra River.
Activities which may be enjoyed include bushwalking, photography, white water sports, cycling, horseriding, picnicking, swimming, gold fossicking, or investigating the many excellent restaurants and interesting curio and art shops.
There are 25 Chapters in the Project, reached by Navigation Links for the various decades beginning in 1839 and ending on 2010, and the text articles.
The principal Chapters cover:
- World War 2 Army radio communications' stations
- The ill-fated Yarra Brae Reservoir
- The Warrandyte Museum
- Special historical events in Warrandyte, including railways, coaches, buses, trams, the annual Festival, schools, the Post Office, the first automatic telephone exchange, the Warrandyte Fire Brigade, former hotels, the Bridge, the Artists' Trail, the Warrandyte Football and Cricket Clubs
and the Warrandyte Rotary and Lions Clubs, the former Water Board, the former Fire Tower and Dam
- The Warrandyte State Park (including details of the Best Hiking Trails!)
- Indigenous Heritage
- Natural disasters - floods, bushfires, ice
- The Clifford Park scout Jamborees
- Goldmining in Warrandyte
- A Timeline of dates
- An extensive Bibliography and Listing of Acknowledgements
The Home Page has a very good Visitor Book where you may post a Guest Message, provide comments, suggestions and criticisms, and give a simple rating for the Project. A flag of your country will display against your entry!
You may also subecribe (free) to the Project via Feedblitz and receive Email notifications whenever new content is added (a sign-up form is at the site).
I hope you find the Project informative and useful, and I look forward to your message in the Visitor Book!
Regards from Melbourne!