Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Coolart Wetlands and Tulum Beach




On Saturday afternoon October 10, 2009, I went down to the Balranning Beach, 60 km south of Melbourne, on the Westernport Coast.

Balnarring Beach is also known as Tulum Beach.

From a starting point at the car park, I did a 6 km beach/bushland hike, which took me to the Merricks Creek Estuary, at Somers.

Merricks Creek enters the Bay at Somers, and is very wide at this point, with strong tidal flows.

After crossing the Creek at the big Suspension Bridge, I then returned along the beach to the boardwalk, which took me over the Small Bridge over the Creek.

This was my entry to the Coolart Wetlands, with a network of signed hiking trails, and I chose the Woodland Trail, reaching the Birdhide.

Nearby is the historical Coolart Homestead, for which an admission fee is charged, and reached by car from Coolart and Somers Rds.

Merricks Creek enters the Bay at Somers, and is very wide at this point, with strong tidal flows.

There was plenty of action on Tulum Beach!

See all of the Photos of my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment