Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Warburton River Walk in Winter!



On Saturday June 26, 2010, I ventured out to Warburton, some 65 km east of Melbourne.

It was a bitterly cold and rainy day!

My hike started at the main bridge over the Yarra at the eastern end of the town, and I followed the Warburton River Walk to the west.

This took me along the south bank, then across the Redwood Bridge, along the north bank, and across the Brisbane Bridge.

I returned along the south bank, past the football ground (Warburton was 12 goals in front), then back to the car, a total distance of about 4 km.

The Yarra was a raging torrent, due to sustained heavy rain in the catchment region, and was very close to bursting its banks.

Please see all of the Photos of my visit!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Hi Bob!
    Love this new comment feature! I've been a subscriber to your rss feed for over a year and i can finally get to thank you for your sites. My partner and i have discovered so many wonderful places thanks to you!
    ~Nancy~

    ReplyDelete