Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Wildcat Gully, Warrandyte State Park, in Winter



I was in the Warrandyte State Park, 20 km east of Melbourne town, on Tuesday June 22, 2010.

My aim was to explore the bushland in the Wildcat Gully, a former gold mining region in the years 1851 to 1905.

From the car park on Gold Memorial Rd, near the Gold Memorial, I followed Wildcat Gully Track, then on to Wildcat Gully Link Track.

I then scrub-bashed up the hill, meeting Wildcat Gully Link Track again, and continued to the junction with Dead End Track, at the gate at Webb Street.

That was my turnabout point - I returned along Wildcat Gully Link Track, then onto an un-named rocky steep track, which took me down the hillside, to Wildcat Guilly track, then back to the car.

There were many colorful winter fungi!

This hike was about 3 km in total.

See all of my Photos of this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment