Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Exploring Fiddlers Gully, Warrandyte State Park




On Tuesday afternoon February 24, 2010, I went over to the Warrandyte State Park, 25 km east of Melbourne town.

I left the car at the picnic ground on Gold Memorial Road, adjacent to Anderson Creek. Fording the creek, I proceeded up gated Wild Cat Gully Track, then turned into Wild Cat Link Track.

This took me steadily uphill, reaching Webb Rd.

Then, I went along Dead End Track along the ridge-top adjacent to the old gold-mining area of Fiddlers Gully.

Dead End Track is what its name says - an old gold mining track which ends on the top of the steep cliffs above Anderson Creek!

From there, I returned to the car the same way - total distance was about 3 km..

Fiddlers Gully was once a gold mining area, in the 1850s to 1870s, but little evidence remains, apart from a few mounds of tailings and excavations.

There was an increase in altitude from 68 m at the start, to 104 m at Dead End Track.

See all of the Photos of my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment