Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Merricks Beach Clifftop Coastal Trail



On Saturday afternoon May 1, 2010, I visited Balnarring Beach, 70 km south of Melbourne.

From the main carpark at the end of Balnarring Beach Rd, I entered the Bird Sanctuary, following the foot-track to the western Beach.

I proceeded along the beach, reaching the cliffs, then up a foot-track to the top of the cliffs, at Cliff Rd.

From there I followed the main walking track along the cliff top to an observation lookout, then down a staircase to the Merricks Beach.

I returned to home base the same way, about 4 km total.

There were excellent views across Westernport Bay towards Phillip Island, and along the coast.

The clifftop is at an altitude of 35 m.

The Photos in my Album show the beach, other beachwalkers, hounds, and nice views from the clifftop through the pine trees. I have included an historical image showing the Beach as it was in 1940, looking towards the cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment