👿 Photos of February 13, 2017, taken on the unsealed gated 2 km section of Police Rd, reached from Stud Rd. This dirt road marks the northern boundary of the Reserve, and runs next to the large East Rowville Terminal Station (ERTS) of the Ausnet Transmission Group and adjcacent to the Waverley Golf Club grounds. The track ends at Churchill Park Drive.
HF Power Lines seen in the photos are twin 220 kV, supplied from the Cranbourne and Rowville Terminal Stations on double circuit towers.
This hilly area of the Reserve is an interesting example of the original bushland, which was never cleared. The flat land was cleared of timber in the mid-1850s, and then used for grazing. The reserve is owned and managed by Parks Victoria - grazing was phased out in the early 1900s. The name "Police Rd" is a legacy of early use of part of the land between 1830 and 1931 for the Native Police facility.