A NEW CHUM'S GUIDE TO BUSHWALKING IN AUSTRALIA
This excellent new self-published professionally printed 86-page book has just been released. The author is Mick Ogrizek, of Bright, in Victoria, with over 30 years experience of walking in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and Nepal.
He’s authored other self-published printed guides about Australian bushwalking, including “National Parks in Australia by Public Transport” and “Short Walks around Bright and the Upper Ovens Valley”
- The book is designed as a comprehensive guide to bushwalking in Australia for those new to the activity ("new chums") - beginners, novice or prospective bushwalkers, bringing together information from many sources, including his own experiences.for . It’s not meant to be a step-by-step guide to bushwalking but a pointer to available resources.
The principal themes include skills, fitness; where to walk; clothing and equipment; navigation; safety, hazards, and environmental impacts. .
The book features many full-colour images, charts and diagrams, and includes a list of principal references, an index of key topics and extensive footnotes.
- Orders may be placed directly at the this URL
- Copies for Australian customers will be sent out direct from Australia in 3-5 business days.
- There is no electronic edition.
- Price for delivery to Australian addresses is A$17.78, plus postage (will vary by distance, calculated at checkout)