Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bingley Hill Hike - Healesville

yfuaitx
On August 30, 2008, I went up to Donnelly's Weir, Healesville.

From there, I did a 6 km (return) walk, which took me up Roads 12 and 11.

This route forms part of the long 9 km track to the Mt St Leonard Summit.

My journey started at the picnic ground, and took me up Bingley's Hill, then on to a lookout designated as "View Point Q", at 305 m altitude.

There were excellent views from this lookout to Mt Monda and the surrounding forest in Melbourne Water's catchment area, which is prohibited access.

Further on was a "WP" - a water point (dam) used for fire management purposes.

The WP is at the distance marker "11 5", which means Road 11, 5 km from the northern end of Road 11, which starts at Monda Rd.

I had previously walked about 3 km of Road 11 from the Monda Rd junction.

In spring, the Mt St Leonard Run is an annual 10 km race from the Maroondah Dam, to the Summit, which follows this route. The Summit is at 1010 m! I don't think that I will bother!

This route forms part of the Australian Bicentennial Trail, which starts at Donnelly's Weir and ends at Cooktown!

Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment