Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The old gold mines of Fifth Hill,. Warrandyte State Park

On Monday afternoon I did a 3 km hike around the Fifth Hill former goldmining region, Warrandyte State Park, 25 km east of Melhourne town.

My route was from the gate at Boundary Track, off Webb St, continuing downhill, reaching Pigtail Track.

I returned to home base up this track, passing the remains of the alluvial gold diggings and mullock heaps of the late 1800s.

There was a nice view from a high point off Pigtail Track, looking east over the Park towards the Yarra Ranges.

I met two other gentlemen on Pigtail Track, and we discussed bushfire dangers in the area, and the old mines.

I found a nice Quartz Nugget, which I brought home for my cottage garden!
East to Yarra Ranges

Old diggings on Fifth Hill

Hikers on Pigtail Track

See all of the Photos of my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment