Montage of scenes taken by the author near Melbourne

About the Author

My photo
Mont Albert (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia
Ths author is a Chartered Professional Engineer, providing specialized consultancy services in International Broadcasting Engineering. He is graduate of the Royal Melbourne Instiutute of Technology.and holds the rank of Member, Institution of Engineers Australia . he is a recipient of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for Services to Shortwave Radio, and was employed by the PMG's Dept/ATC/Telecom Australia from 1956 until 1997...

Followers to my Weblog!

Rotating Headlines for this Journal!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fiddler Gully Track, Warrandyte State Park

Old excavations

Fiddler Gully Track
On May 27 2010, I went out to the Warrandyte State Park, 20 km east of the Melbourne CBD.

I parked at the junction of Webb St and Fiddler Gully Track, near the summit of South Hill. I then did a 2 km circuit hike along Wildcat Gully Track.

This track is in the historical mining region, which dates to the 1850s.

Gold panning in nearby Anderson's Creek is still popular!

Sadly, I didn't discover any nuggets - only quartz!

See all of the Photos of my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment