Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Rotating Headlines

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Honeysuckle Point - Shoreham Coast

These pix were taken on January 16, 2012, on a 4 km return beachwalk along the Shoreham Coast, 8 km south of Melbourne, on Westernport Bay.

The tide was out a long way, exposing beautiful rock pools and serene lagoons.

My hike started at the main car park, then along the beach to Honeysuckle Point and the magnificent reef.

I first visited Shoreham Beach on January 16 1952, exactly 60 years ago, when I attended a ten-day camp organized by the YMCA at Camp Buxton.

I have included a photo taken on that day, showing members of my family and my tent mates - I am at the left in a blue and yellow striped T-shirt and runners! This is a tinted photo which I created from the original scanned 620 size black and white print.

For a full account of my 1952 visit to YMCA Camp Buxton, with some additional photos, please see my Shoreham Pictorial Heritage Website,

See all of the Photos of my visit - check out my YouTube video!

Colorized photo of January 16, 1952!  I am at left! 








No comments:

Post a Comment